A. ORAL PRESENTATION ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstracts will only be accepted in English (French, dependent on submissions).
- At least one author must be registered for the conference by JUNE 15, 2018.
- The number of authors is limited to 10 per abstract, including the main author or presenter.
- No abstract alteration can be made after June 30th, 2018 .
- An e-mail address is compulsory in order to receive information about the submitted abstract.
- Authors are not permitted to submit an abstract on work that has previously been published. If additional data or research is added to a previously published work the abstract could be accepted.
- It is the author's responsibility to submit a correct abstract; accepted abstracts will be reproduced as submitted, including possible errors.
B. ABSTRACT CONTENTS
1. The submitted abstract shall contain the following information:
- AUTHORS: Full names and surnames of all authors, as well as other data requested during the submission process. Affiliation details must be included correctly, respecting the following format: Degree (BSc, MSc, MD, PhD). Department. Institution. Country. (Please separate with dots, not with comas or hyphens). Example: Nutritionist. Centre Institute of Nutrition and Food Sciences. Technical University of Munich. Germany.
- TITLE: concise, 30 words maximum in sentence case (not in capital or lower case letters only). Please use only recognizable abbreviations.
The following aspects must be included:
- Background and objectives
- Keywords: 5 keywords maximum.
- Conflict of interest Disclosure (mandatory)
- Further collaborators (include further co-authors if they exceed the permitted number)
2. Text length in the abstract body (excluding title, authors' details, keywords, COI, etc.) shall not exceed 350 words.
3. Standardized abbreviations shall be used. When specific or unusual abbreviations are used, they shall appear in brackets after each complete term the first time they are used.
4. Review carefully the work before submission.
C. THEMATIC AREAS (TRACKS)
- Abstracts will be gathered in thematic areas for assessment and scheduling.
- Authors must state the THEMATIC AREA (TRACK) in which they wish to present their abstract at the time of submission.
- The Scientific Committee will always try to respect the author's choice of thematic area. However, this is subject to changes in order to achieve a balanced scientific programme.
D. Timing & Deadline
- Each oral presentation will be allocated 15-minutes. This includes your presentation (10 minutes), time for questions and change of speakers (5 minutes). Computer facilities will be provided for all oral presenters at the conference venue as no personal laptops or notebooks will be allowed for presentations.
- Speakers will be required to load their presentation at least two hours prior to the start of their session.
- For sessions that commence at 8.00am, speakers are requested to upload their presentation the day before. Technicians will be at hand for any queries. Files can be provided on USB memory stick or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
E. File Naming Convention
Please follow the file name convention below:
- PASHDA2018_Date__PresentationTime__Room__Surname.ppt -e.g. PASHDA2018_19Septemeber_0830_3_Kakari.ppt
- Microsoft PowerPoint will be the only format for presentations (files ending with.ppt).
Please ensure that you go to the presentation room 15 minutes before the start of your session to meet the Chair and fellow presenters. Conference staff will be available in the session rooms for any assistance. All electronic presentations will be deleted at the end of the day.
Click below to submit your abstract (Abstract submission deadline 30th April 2018)
G. ASSESSMENT & NOTIFICATION
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee
- Acceptance of an Abstract will be based on the criteria outlined above.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to accept or reject an abstract.
- Notification of accepted abstracts will be sent to the authors on or before 30 July 2018
- Presentation schedule and presentation guidelines (oral, poster, exhibition or symposia) will be available on or before 31 July 2018