Intellectual property protection and other related costs will be deducted from any income received from commercialisation. Thereafter, the net income / royalty would be distributed as follows;
- Forty percent (40%) to the inventor(s);
- The remaining sixty percent (60%) will be distributed as follows:
- Twenty-five percent (25%) to the University;
- Fifteen percent (15%) for the support of research grants or fellowships;
- Ten percent (10%) to the Inventor's College and its constituents;
- Ten percent (10%) to an IP Fund.