The mandate of the Office is determined by the University Council under direct oversight of the Vice-Chancellor. The Office has responsibility for:
- Overseeing the management of student life on campus.
- Coordinating strategies for developing and implementing academic programmes.
- Ensuring the efficient development, coordination, and smooth running of academic programmes.
- Ensuring the efficient utilization of academic facilities for teaching and learning.
- Promoting sports for academic, competition, and recreational purposes.