“To meet the nation's needs for broad-based education, training and research in the science, policy and management of environmental and sanitation processes in the wider African and global context.”
“Within the next 10 years, evolve into an institution that is a “Centre of Excellence” for environmental and developmental issues. To achieve this, we will;
- Build and maintain a stakeholder-oriented culture with the primary stakeholders being the people of Ghana,
- Promote and nurture excellence with the understanding that a “Centre of Excellence” has to start with the concept of service excellence at the level of top management,
- Appreciate that people and systems in the Institute must be constantly tuned to stakeholder needs and to management's evolving concept of service excellence,
- Acknowledge that the concept of a “Centre of Excellence” must be a key part of the very structure and operation of the Institute and this concept must guide all its outputs and external contacts,
- Provide an enabling environment for research and educational excellence while challenging the brilliant and empowering the uninformed, and
by doing all of the above, we shall be the leading academic organisation providing training, knowledge and service in Africa on issues relating to environmental management and sanitation”.