You are required to submit a completed application form with all the supporting documentation to the SFAO. It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that are applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
•If you have previously been awarded UG Sponsorship 2013/14 from SFAO, then please download and use SFAO FORM I (Renewal).
The next step is an interview of short listed applicants. If your application is successful, you will receive written notification from the Students Financial Aid Office describing the kind of financial aid that you have been awarded. The award would be credited to your student account at the University.
FINANCIAL AID FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
The Students Financial Aid office will accept applications from students for the 2014-15 academic year at the beginning of the second semester (January/February 2014). Please download and submit the completed form together with supporting documents to the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) by 2.00 pm, Friday February 28, 2014.
•If you are applying for UG Sponsorship for the first time, or was unsuccessful with your previous application please download and use SFAO FORM II (New applicants)
If you have any questions you may call the Students Financial Aid Office on 0302-945312 or send an email to email@example.com. You may also walk in during working hours to make enquiries.
Hse no. 11 East Legon,
Behind Faculty of Agric and Consumer Science
Students Financial Aid Office
University of Ghana
P. O. Box LG 25 LEGON,
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support applications:
• Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Affidavit to support any relevant claims.
• Evidence of other dependants of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based upon accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support, and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved.
Misrepresentation in any form or manner shall render an application null and void. Any awards made based on a misrepresentation shall be withdrawn or refunded by the applicant, and in addition he/she also may be prosecuted.
You are required to submit a completed application form with all the supporting documentation to the SFAO. It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that are applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information.