|Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the under listed positions at Livestock and Poultry Research Centre of the Institute of Agricultural Research, University of Ghana, Legon.
- Chief Assistant Farm Manager
As directed by the Head of the Centre, these will include
- General supervision and training of Farm / Station staff.
- Planning of the Farm/ Station program
- Attendance at meetings on the operation of the Farm / Station.
- Taking the morning roll call, allocating and supervising duties of subordinates
- Preparation of written reports and the keeping of Farm /Station.
- Must have had a minimum of 6 years cumulative and satisfactory service as Principal Assistant Farm Manager and either possess
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture (Animal Science Major) awarded by a recognized University with not less than 10 years practical post-qualification experience. OR
- Must hold the National Diploma in Agriculture awarded by a recognized University with not less than 14 years practical post-qualification experience.
- Assistant Farm Managers
Similar to those of the Chief Assistant Farm Manager but lower level of responsibility.
- Must have had not less than four years cumulative and satisfactory service as Assistant Farm Supervisor. and
- Must hold at least a Diploma in Agriculture awarded by a recognized University.
- Research Assistants
General assistance with research work; data entry, writing and supervision of research staff.
- Must hold at least a Diploma in Agriculture or statistics awarded by a recognized University.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants should download Application forms for Junior and Senior Staff from the University’s website: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd. Completed forms together with detailed resume and photocopies of relevant certificates and names of three referees who are conversant with applicant’s academic /professional competence should be forwarded to: The College Registrar, College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences, University of Ghana, P.O.Box LG 68, Legon, before the deadline: September 30, 2012.