Key responsibilities include, among others, to:
- Engineer telecom related solutions for various project and operational needs in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Recommend innovative solutions for related telecom services.
- Perform periodic monitoring to ensure the integrity and availability of all communication links and systems.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Troubleshoot equipment and technical problems through routine inspections.
- Upgrade and configure telecom systems.
- Maintain operational, configuration and/or other procedures.
- Provide periodic performance reports to support capacity planning.
- Ensure continuous and appropriate power supply to UGCS computing and communication devices.
Minimum Education – A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Telecommunication Engineering, Data Communication and Networks or related field.
Plus relevant advanced professional level qualification or industry skill based certification.
- 5-6 years’ experience in all areas of telecom engineering including equipment and service configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support; including Fibre Optics, ISDN, analog, T1, T2, SONET and ATM.
- Ability to communicate concepts and processes clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to plan, design and maintain telecommunication networks.
- Upholding high ethical and moral standards.
- Ability to coordinate and work with teams.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG25, Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hard copy); or email@example.com (Soft copy). The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at:www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd.
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae.
Applications should reach the Registrar by September 15, 2012