UNIVERSITY OF GHANA
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE & CONSUMER SCIENCES
INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of a Programme Manager for the Leventis Foundation Farmers’ Training Programme (LFFTP) based at the Institute of Agricultural Research of the College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences, University of Ghana. The candidate will report directly to the Director, Institute of Agricultural Research, College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences, University of Ghana.
Qualifications and Experience
* A Masters Degree in Agricultural Administration or any of the Social or Agricultural Sciences;
* At least five (5) years work experience in the training of Extension Agents and Farmers. In addition, the candidate for this position should have considerable experience in the administration of development programmes and be able to cover meetings of the programme activities.
* Considerable experience in the use of Microsoft Office and SPSS computer software programmes;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
* Be ready to work extra hours.
* Not less than 35 years of age
* Responsible for the day to day activities of the Leventis Foundation Farmers’ Training Programme and coordinate its activities at the three (3) Research Centres at Legon, Kpong and Kade.
Specific Duties will include:
• Assist with the planning and designing of activities for the programme;
• Document activities organized by the Programme;
• Take minutes of Board and Management Committee of the programme;
• Carry out data input and analysis;
• Contribute to write-ups and reporting.
Interested applicants should submit completed application forms (for Senior Administrative and Professional staff),which can be obtained from the University of Ghana website (www.ug.edu.gh), and Curriculum Vitae to the address below before the deadline of 31st December, 2010:
The Ag. College Registrar,
College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences,
University of Ghana,
The application should be marked “Programme Manager, LFFTP”.