These are programmes run during the inter-semester breaks, that is December-January for the first semester and June to July for the second semester. The office runs “Ghana Field School” which is the university’s version of summer programmes during the second semester break. Universities officially linked to the University of Ghana can run their own PRE-PACKAGED PROGRAMMES
during this period upon payment of the relevant affiliation fees. This entitles them to the use of some facilities on campus such as classrooms, ICT services, Balme library and other libraries on campus.
International Programmes is also able to design programmes for institutions that wish to come here during the inter-semester breaks. Such institutions would have to REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. This package usually includes visits to tourist sites around the country.
Procedure For Institutions That Wish To Run Their Own Programmes
- Partner Universities wishing to run their own programmes are expected to contact the International Programmes Office for the necessary arrangements to be made.
- If accommodation at the International Students Hostel would be required, the University will need to apply and arrange payment of the appropriate rent.
- The office makes transport arrangements upon request.
- Upon arrival, the group must report to the Office of the Dean, International Programmes to register in the programme.
- Fees and rent should be paid at the Office of International Programmes.
- The Office shall provide programme-related assistance as and when requests are made.
- For further clarification on the procedure, kindly contact the Office by emailing email@example.com
Affiliation Fees For Inter- Semester Programmes
The University of Ghana charges fees based on the number of students participating in the programme. Below are the approved rates:
- 1 – 15 students: US $2,500.00 per group.
- Above 15 students: US $3,000.00 per group.
International Students Hostel Residential Fees For Inter-Semester Programmes
- International students pursuing full-time studies: US$56.00/week
- Students participating in a UG affiliated programme:
- Double Occupancy-US$ 13.00/day
- Single Occupancy- US$16.00/day
- Participants(Students and others) in a non-affiliated programme:
- Double Occupancy - US$25.00/day
- Single Occupancy – US$28.00/day
*Note: Rent is subject to change without notice.