The University of Ghana Medical School is inviting applications from qualified applicants for admission into the Graduate Entry Medical Programme for the 2014/2015 Academic Year.
• Applicants should have a good (B.Sc) First Degree (Second Class, Lower Division or better) in science or any science related course.
• There should be evidence of having completed National Service.
Nature of Programme and Duration
The Graduate Entry Medical Programme is an integrated 4-year Medical Programme which leads to the award of MB ChB. The Programme will begin in April, 2014 and will be run on a FULL-TIME and NON-RESIDENTIAL basis.
Cost of Application Forms
An Application Form costs One Hundred Ghana Cedis (GH¢100.00) for Local Ghanaian Applicants and One Hundred US Dollars (US$100.00) for Foreign Applicants.
Access Course Form sells at Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢250.00), and can be purchased from the Academic Affairs Office, University of Ghana Medical School. The cost of the form covers tuition.
Mode of Application
Forms can be purchased from the Academic Affairs Office (Room 6 & 23) of the University of Ghana Medical School, Administration Block, Korle-Bu, or downloaded from UGMS’ website (www.ugms.edu.gh ) or UG’s website (www.ug.edu.gh) and payment made upon submission of completed forms.
• Foreign Applicants should access application forms on UGMS’ website (www.ugms.edu.gh) or UG’s website (www.ug.edu.gh) and payment made to FGN-USD (1271620020289) Ghana Commercial Bank, Circle branch. Kindly indicate University of Ghana Medical School-GEMP on the pay slip.
• Completed Foreign Application Forms together with pay slip should then
be scanned and submitted through UGMS e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
• Completed Foreign Application Forms together with the pay slip could be posted by courier service (e.g. DHL) to the Ag. Executive Secretary, University of Ghana Medical School, P.O. Box KB 4236, Accra – Ghana.
Deadline for Submission of Forms
All completed application forms should reach the Academic Affairs Section (Rooms 6 & 23) of the University of Ghana Medical School, Administration Block not later than Tuesday, 31st December, 2013.
However, late submission of completed application forms received from 2nd to 17th January, 2014 will attract a fee of Twenty Ghana Cedis (Penalty GHâ‚¡20.00).
For further information please contact the GEMP Secretariat or the UGMS’ Academic Affairs Section on the following telephone numbers:
AG. EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR GEMP 2014/2015
Prospective students should take note of the following dates regarding the Graduate Entry Medical Programme admissions:
• Access Course – Monday, 27th January – Friday, 14th February, 2014
• Entrance Examination – Tuesday, 18th February, 2014
• Interview – Wednesday – Thursday, 19th – 20th February, 2014
• Orientation/Registration – Monday, 7th April – Friday, 11th April, 2014
• Workshop on Teaching &
Learning Methodologies – Monday, 14th April – Thursday, 17th April, 2014
• Lectures Begin – Monday, 28th April, 2014
Eligible applicants will be admitted into the Programme subject to passing an Entrance Examination and Oral Interview.
The Access Course covers English Language, Quantitative Methods, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Cellular and Molecular Biology.
The course will take place at the University of Ghana Medical School, Korle-Bu from 9:00am - 4:00pm each day.
Participation in the Access Course is NOT compulsory but it is highly recommended.
The Entrance Examination takes place on Tuesday, 18th February, 2014. There will be only one centre - Accra Centre.
VENUE: ACCRA – GHANA
The Entrance Examination will take place at the University of Ghana Medical School, New Examination Hall, Korle-Bu, Accra – Ghana as follows:
• Paper 1 – General Paper is from 8:00am - 10:30am
• Paper 2 – Scientific Foundations of Medicine is from 11:30am - 2:30pm.
It is expected that all applicants will arrange to be in Accra, Ghana within the periods stated above.