UNIVERSITY OF GHANA MEDICAL SCHOOL
(COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES)
ADMISSIONS INTO THE GRADUATE ENTRY MEDICAL PROGRAMME (GEMP) 2013/2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
The University of Ghana Medical School is inviting applications from qualified applicants for admission into the Graduate Entry Medical Programme for the 2013/2014 Academic Year.
• Applicants should have a good (B.Sc) First Degree (Second Class, Lower Division or better) in science or any science related course.
• There should be evidence of having completed National Service.
Nature of Programme and Duration
The Graduate Entry Medical Programme is an integrated 4-year Medical Programme which leads to the award of MB ChB. The Programme will begin in April, 2013 and will be run on a FULL-TIME and NON-RESIDENTIAL basis.
Cost of Application
The Application Fee is One Hundred Ghana Cedis (GH¢100.00) for Local Ghanaian Applicants and One Hundred US Dollars (US$100.00) for Foreign Applicants.
Access Course Form sells at Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢250.00), and can be purchased from the Academic Affairs Office, University of Ghana Medical School. The cost of the form covers tuition.
Mode of Application
Ghanaian applicants should Click here to download the Application Forms and payment made upon submission of completed forms.
• Foreign Applicants should click here to download the application forms and payment made to FGN-USD (1271620020289) Ghana Commercial Bank, Circle branch. Kindly indicate University of Ghana Medical School-GEMP on the pay slip.
• Completed Foreign Application Forms together with pay slip should then
be scanned and submitted through UGMS e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
• Completed Foreign Application Forms together with the pay slip should be posted, by courier service (e.g. DHL) to the Ag. Executive Secretary, University of Ghana Medical School, P.O. Box KB 4236, Accra – Ghana.
Deadline for Submission of Forms
All completed application forms should reach the Academic Affairs Section (Rooms 6 & 23) of the University of Ghana Medical School, Administration Block not later than Monday, 31st December, 2012.
However, late submission of completed application forms from 1st to 18th January, 2013 will attract a fee of Twenty Ghana Cedis (Penalty GH₡20.00).
For further information please contact the GEMP Secretariat on the following telephone numbers:
AG. EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR GEMP 2013/2014
Prospective students should take note of the following dates regarding the Graduate Entry Medical Programme admissions:
• Access Course – Monday, 28th January – 15th February, 2013
• Entrance Examination – Saturday, 2nd March, 2013
• Interview – Monday – Tuesday, 4th – 5th March, 2013
• Orientation/Registration – Monday, 8th April – Friday 12th April, 2013
• Lectures Begin – Monday, 15th April, 2013
Eligible applicants will be admitted into the Programme subject to passing an Entrance Examination and Oral Interview.
The Access Course covers English Language, Quantitative Methods, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Cellular and Molecular Biology.
The course will take place at the University of Ghana Medical School, Korle-Bu from 9:00am-4:00pm each day.
Participation in the Access Course is NOT compulsory but it is Highly Recommended.
The Entrance Examination takes place on Saturday, 2nd March, 2013. There will be only one centre - Accra Centre.
VENUE: ACCRA – GHANA
The Entrance Examination will take place at the University of Ghana Medical School, New Examination Hall, Korle-Bu, Accra – Ghana as follows:.
• Paper 1 – General Paper is from 8:00am - 10:30am
• Paper 2 – Scientific Foundations of Medicine is from 11:30am - 2:30pm.
The results of the entrance examination and the interview list will be posted at University of Ghana Medical School, Administration on the same day, Saturday, 2nd March, 2013 by 7:00pm.
• The interview is scheduled for Monday – Tuesday, 4th – 5th March, 2013
at 9:00am at University of Ghana Medical School Conference Room.
It is expected that all applicants will arrange to be in Accra, Ghana within the periods stated above.