|The University of Ghana proposes to restructure its academic units by decentralizing them through the adoption of a collegiate system of university management. When the restructuring is completed the academic programmes will be delivered through four|
The restructuring is guided by considerations related to the defined area or programme of research, the number of existing units to be included and their relatedness and sustainability. Other factors include the advantages to be derived from the new structure in terms of organizational efficiency, financial viability, and the efficient use of resources, among others. Added to these are facilitation of inter- and multidisciplinary approaches, synergy, and enhanced teaching and research.
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Basic and Applied Sciences
- College of Humanities
- College of Education
The Management of the University has decided to pursue the process of developing colleges along two tracks, namely
This invitation is for suitably qualified firms to express interest in undertaking a consultancy assignment for the design of the administrative structures of the colleges.
- The development of academic committees to structure appropriately the academic programmes of each college with a view to providing students with as much opportunity as possible in programme offerings and to enhancing opportunities for different disciplines to work more closely together within one unit.
- The appointment of consultants to design the administrative structures for each college with a view to minimizing cost in their operations, smoothing relationships with the central administration and ensuring internal cohesion in the administration and management of colleges.
The specific Terms of Reference will be as follows:
- Governance Structure: Propose to University Management a governance arrangement for colleges with a view to ensuring that they have adequate independence in developing and managing their academic programmes while mobilizing the necessary financial and human resources for the purpose, and yet remaining mindful of their being part of a larger University; in effect provide a framework for the appropriate relationship between the University’s Central Administrative management and the Colleges.
- Administrative Structure: Design and propose the necessary administrative structures for each college, taking into account its peculiar needs and requirements, and focusing on the management of its finances, human resources, academic programmes and other operations.
- Resource Requirements: Determine the logistical and financial requirements for establishing and running each college.
- Academic Management Structure: Propose appropriate academic management structure for each college that avoids duplication of roles and maximizes academic service delivery and research quality
- Change Management: Propose an approach for managing the migration to the new regime.
- Propose measures for cost-savings.
Expressions of Interest (EoIs) shall be submitted by only reputable management consulting firms with proven experience in higher education management advisory as
well as intervention assignments. EoIs shall contain the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Firm’s specific experiences which have a direct bearing on the proposed consultancy assignment
- Firm’s technical capabilities in the consultancy assignment with particular reference to higher education management
- CVs of at least 3 lead consultants of the firm
- Firm’s proposed Project Management Organisation Structure showing potential persons with specific potential responsibilities for the assignment.
Please note as follows:
- The University of Ghana reserves the right not to proceed with this assignment.
- Firms are not to associate for the purposes of enhancing their profile.
- Lead/Senior Consultants are expected to be fully available on-hand and on-site for this assignment from inception to completion and reporting. Firms are thus advised that the University of Ghana will not accept the deployment of junior consultants on this assignment and will evoke termination should the successful firm vary its staff.
EoIs shall be addressed to:
University of Ghana
P.O. Box LG 25
They should reach the Registrar no later than 14th September 2012.