UNIVERSITY OF GHANA
CENTRE FOR SOCIAL POLICY STUDIES
Faculty of Social Sciences
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Centre for Social Policy Studies of the University of Ghana is organising an International Conference on Social Policy and Cash Transfers in West Africa under the theme: ‘Promoting Discourse on Social Policy and Cash Transfers in West Africa’. The Conference seeks to bring together social policy scholars and practitioners to discuss a number of issues, including: paradigms of social policy in the sub region; social policy strategies and practices; vulnerability and chronic poverty issues including cash transfers; social policy financing and monitoring and evaluation within the sub-region.
The conference sub-themes for which papers are being sought include:
· Vulnerability and Chronic Poverty in West Africa
· Approaches to Targeting for Social Policy
· The Conditionalities Debate on Cash Transfers
· Monitoring and Evaluation of Social Protection Programmes
· Socio-cultural Context of Social Protection
· Financing Social Policy
· Global and Local Issues in Social Policy Legislation
Submission of Abstracts and Papers
Abstracts not exceeding 250 words must be submitted on or before the deadline stated below under any of the themes above.
· The deadline for the submission of abstract is Friday 15th June 2012 at 17hrs GMT
· Selected presenters will be notified by Friday 29th June 2012.
· Presenters to confirm participation by Friday 6th July 2012
· Final conference papers should be submitted by Friday 31st August 2012. Papers must be between 6000 and 8000 words, including references (font 12 Times New Romans).
Registration for the conference commences on the 1st of August and closes on the 7th of August 2012 at 17hrs GMT
For further enquiries, kindly contact the Centre directly on 233-302-502217 or E: mail firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mrs. Dela Dovie – 233-242633358, email@example.com
Mrs. Dora Owusu – 233-243611057, firstname.lastname@example.org