Filing of Appeal
(i) Right to representation
An appellant shall have the right to representation by counsel.
(ii) Filing an Appeal
• Any member of the University community who is dissatisfied with any decision taken against him shall file an appeal with the Board.
• The Appellant shall lodge with the Secretariat/Registrar’s Office a written Notice of Appeal (Appendix A) (in duplicate) together with supporting documents within fourteen (14) days of the date of the decision. Appellant may file an application to the Secretariat for extension of time. Each request for an extension of time to file an appeal will be considered on its merits.
• All appeal documents must be lodged at the Secretariat of the Board/Registrar’s Office.
• The Secretariat/Registrar’s Office will forward a copy of the Notice of Appeal to the body or person or entity whose decision is being appealed against.
• The Board may conduct oral hearings with the Appellant and the Respondent
• The Board may take testimonies of other relevant persons and witnesses, where available and review the evidence.
• The Board may conduct its own investigations into the matter, in addition to considering the written and oral testimonies of the parties.
• A decision will be taken after careful review of the circumstances, evidence adduced, statements and all other relevant information before the Board. A simple majority is required to make a decision.
• Any dissenting opinion among the Board members shall be recorded together with the reasons for the dissent.
Withdrawal of a filed complaint
An Appellant may withdraw a case filed before the Board any time after filing and during the process of the investigation. In such a case the Appellant shall state in writing the reasons for withdrawal of the complaint and append his/her signature to the statement.
Complaints against a member of the Board
If a complaint is made against a member of the Board and it is found to be credible, he or she shall not be part of any of the processes of the Board relating to the investigation of complaint.
The appeal procedure shall be completed as promptly as possible as and not later than sixty (60) working days of the date the Notice of Appeal was filed.
Download the Notice of Appeal Form