The Office of Research Innovation and Development is pleased to inform the University Community of the Call for application for the Trans disciplinary Training for Resource Efficiency and Climate Change Adaptation in Africa II mobility scheme (TRECCAfriac II). TRECCAfrica II is part of the Intra-ACP academic mobility scheme which supports higher education cooperation between countries in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific (ACP).
The purpose of TRECCAfrica II is to educate and develop young African scholars to understand new approaches through ‘transdisciplinary’ research. The programme ranges across disciplines such as sustainable development, environmental management, renewable energy, food science and technology natural resource assessment, climate and society, biotechnology, agro-ecology, soil physics, microbiology and veterinary medicine.
You are eligible if you are a citizen of the following countries: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/intcoop/acp/21_01/default_en.htm
The scholarship covers the following:
· Air Ticket: Round trip economy class flight ticket and visa costs.
· Participation costs: academic expenses such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable.
· Medical Insurance: This covers the period of mobility
· Monthly subsistence allowance: to cover accommodation and living expenses for the mobility period: €600 Masters, €900 Doctorates, €1 000 Staff.
The application process is electronic, click here to apply: http://www.treccafr ica.up.pt/apply
Please carefully read the Guidelines for the full application process http://www.treccafrica.up.pt/file/download/3?pwd=ad9ed967bded46bf151b1fc30b1528c9
Interested persons are to submit their applications not latest by Monday 20th March 2017.
· Ms Norma Derby (email@example.com), Coordinator: Intra Africa Mobility Centre for Collaboration in Africa Stellenbosch University International Tel +27 21 808 9155/2565
· Ms Empi Baryeh (Ebaryeh@ug.edu.gh) Project Administrator, University of Ghana
· Amma Appah (firstname.lastname@example.org) University of Ghana
Coordinating Institution: Stellenbosch University