A certificate is awarded to a candidate who has been properly admitted to the University, discharged all obligations to the University and satisfactorily discharged all University Required Courses and Faculty and Departmental Requirements prescribed for the degree.
Collection of Certificates
Certificates are issued to students after their congregation ceremony.
A student who does not attend the congregation ceremony should collect his/her certificate in person by following the steps below:
- Pay for the certificate at the University’s Cash Office;
- Obtain clearance from the Students’ Accounts Office in Room D22.
- Submit receipt, statement of accounts and Student Identification Card at Room D9, Academic Affairs Directorate (AAD) and pick up your certificate.
Certified copies of Certificates
Certified copies of certificates can be used to apply for educational programmes or for job applications.
To obtain a certified copy,
- Pay GH₵7.00 per copy at the University’s Cash Office.
- Attach the receipt to the original certificate.
- Present the certificate at Room D8, AAD and state the number of copies required.
- Present your Student Identification Card and pick up your certified copies, 48 hours after making the request.
Replacement of Certificates
The University does not replace lost certificates.
A former student who misplaces his/her certificate may apply for an ‘attestation letter’ in lieu of the certificate.